Superintendent: Jill Delay, Lane Iacovetto, Ben Vannoy
NEW POWER WHEELS vehicle to the winners of each age group. All participants receive a t-shirt.
Balloons will be placed on each derby car. A car is “OUT” if all balloons are popped.
Age Groups: 3-5 years and 6-10 years (age as of the day of the derby). LIMITED TO 12 entries per age group.
Check-in and tech inspection is from 4:30-6pm in the midway.
Mandatory “driver and parent” meeting at 6:15pm. Cars MUST be tech inspected prior to drivers meeting.
1. Any regular electric Power Wheel is allowed. No 4-Wheeler type vehicles allowed. Child’s legs must be in a compartment. Ride IN not on!
2. Kids 3-10 years of age may participate. There are two age groups: 3-5 & 6-10.
3. Helmets must be worn; a bicycle helmet is ok!
4. The vehicle is limited to 6-12 volt power wheels only. Vehicles are allowed to have UP TO a 12-volt lawn mower battery, which cannot be mounted in the passenger seat and the battery must be secured and sealed away from the child.
5. Motors must remain stock, only batteries may be changed out (see rule 4)
6. All doors and tailgates must be strapped shut. No sharp edges. Use zip ties, duct tape, or other flexible material to ensure they stay shut.
7. Stock tires only. Tires may be covered with duct tape to prevent them from cracking or breaking. No screws, chains, etc. in tires.
8. Decorative changes can be made to Power Wheels to make it look like a derby car, however; there can be no reinforcement to the power wheel. Changes and additions are only decorative.
9. Please remember this is for the kids, don’t add something that could cause them to be eliminated from the derby.
10. Everyone must pre-enter, there will only be 12 contestants in each age group.
11. All Power Wheels will be checked in at the pit gate then impounded until time of the event.
12. Balloons will be attached by the event superintendents. The object is to pop the balloons. The last one left with a balloon is the winner.
13. Each heat will be given a time limit. If at the end of the heat, there is more than one contestant with balloons unpopped, heat will be declared a tie.
14. If a child gets out of the Power Wheel during the event, that child is out of the event.
15. If vehicle has more than one speed, low speed must be used.