Routt County Fair Camping Policy
Camping reservations for the 2017 Routt County Fair will open May 1. The Fair office will be open to accept in-person reservations on Monday, May 1 from 8am to 11am. All in-person reservations take priority of mailed in reservations. No email or phone reservations are accepted. The reservation form is required to reserve a camping during fair. The form must be completed in its entirety with accurate information before it will be accepted. This includes accurate length and width specs. RVs MUST be less than 12 feet wide with slides, awnings, doors and steps out.
New this year:
- ALL camping spots will be assigned by fair management
- Some areas will be tent only and some areas will be RV only
- The Fair Office will begin accepting camping reservations May 1 (or the next business day if May 1 is a holiday or weekend) and NOT before. If May 1 falls on a weekend or County holiday, reservations will be accepted the following business day.
- Spaces are considered “reserved” only when payment and required registration information is received at the Fair Office (located inside the Exhibit Hall at the Routt County Fairgrounds in Hayden).
- Phone and email reservations are not accepted.
- In-person reservations take priority over mail-in reservations on a first-come first served basis.
- NEW All camping spots (electrical and primitive) will be assigned by fair management. Assignments will be based on location request (electric, Choke Cherries, Dry Creek Park), type (RV or tent), size, and date of request.
Required Registration Information
- RV/TENT make and model or description for tents
- RV specs: length and width
- RV type (RV or combination livestock trailer/RV)
- RV license plate information
- Owner of RV/TENT
- Name, address and telephone number of registrant
- Names of those expected to occupy RV/TENT during fair.
- Dates of arrival and departure.
Include Fair Camping dates August 11 to August 20, 2017 only.
- Accommodations based upon availability.
- $100 per unit for electrical spaces
- $50 per unit for primitive spaces
- $20 per unit per day during non-fair dates.
Rules and Regulations
- Routt County Fair camping dates are defined as beginning the date of the Open Horse Show and ending on the last day of Fair. For 2017 the dates are August 11 to August 20.
- Registrants that wish to arrive early or depart late are required to pay the normal Fairgrounds camping fee of $20 per day for any days outside of the Fair Camping dates.
- RV/TENT must display the proper permit at all times. Permits are available at the Fair office inside the Exhibit Hall.
- Only one RV/TENT and one vehicle are allowed per site (no exceptions). Each registered RV/TENT is given ONE vehicle permit which MUST be displayed or the vehicle will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- The only vehicles/trailers allowed in the designated camping areas are the registered RV/TENT and the ONE registered vehicle. No horse trailers or other vehicles/tents/trailers are allowed to park in the designated camping areas.
- Quiet hours are 10:00pm to 7:00am.
- Camping area must be kept clean at all times for the enjoyment of all our guests.
- Any type of fencing or barrier is not permitted.
- Any guests, their children or visitors who become a nuisance will be asked to leave.
- Adult supervision is required for each RV/TENT.
- Any vehicle without the proper permit easily visible will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Camp fires are NOT allowed during the Routt County Fair.
- NEW Camping requests with incomplete information or incomplete payment will be discarded without further notice to the registrant. Accurate length (hitch to bumper) and width (awnings, slides, steps) information is REQUIRED on the application or the application is considered incomplete and the reservation void. The fairgrounds camp sites are not able to accommodate some large RVs and other arrangements will need to be made.
- Electrical Sites: Due to limited electrical power RVs are expected to be conservative in their use of air conditioners or other appliances that take large amounts of electricity (microwaves, air conditioners).
- NEW ALL camp sites are assigned by Fair Management.